Monday, 28 March 2011

Inspiration from a Restaurant

Okay, so eating out as a vegan is challenging, but not always a bad thing.  We went away for the weekend and took Fred's mom out for dinner to an Italian restaurant. Although the menu was full of cheesy delights, I managed to find Spaghettini with Mushrooms that was delicious. I added a salad, and had a great meal.  Tonight for supper, I re-created the Spaghettini with Mushrooms.  Here's my take on an easy peasy pasta dish.

Spaghettini with Basil and Mushrooms
Saute:
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 sliced mushrooms
1 sliced portabello mushroom
1Tbsp dried basil
Sea salt to taste

Toss with spaghettini. (I used brown rice rotini for Tara) 

Tonight's salad was a mixture of fresh spinach, sliced mushrooms, roasted sliced almonds, and cubed smoked tofu (for Jacey and I). 

All-in-all it was a really simple supper. Simple, but satisfying.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment