Tonight I am recreating it with less-fresh ingredients than Pat used, and I'm adding my favourite caesar salad recipe. Mmmmm! Enjoy!
Caesar Salad (yes, it's vegan)
1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped and cleaned
two hands full of cheese-free croutons (I use the plain coarse breadcrumbs that look like croutons)
Mix together the following ingredients for the dressing:
1 clove of chopped garlic
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp sea salt
Toss with the romaine and croutons.
Garlic Tomato Pasta Sauce
Lightly saute:
6 cloves of garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
add:
2 large ripe tomatoes or 1 16oz canned Italian style tomatoes
¼ c. water if using fresh tomatoes
1 tsp. dry basil or use equivalent fresh (1/4 cup)
¾ tsp. salt,
¼ tsp. each black pepper, crushed red pepper or cayenne
continue cooking sauce until your pasta is done. Allow it to reduce to the consistency you like.
Tonight I am adding Ethan's favourite - a sliced baguette with olive oil/balsamic vinegar for dipping.
This is one meal that everyone will love!
No comments:
Post a Comment