Saturday, 23 April 2011

Lunch with an Old Friend

My long-time friend, Cyndi came by today. She was traveling through town and happened to stop by around lunch time. We sat outside, catching up on family news and enjoying the warm sun.  I love being able to feed anyone who comes in my door, so I was prepared with some build-your-own pita sandwiches. It's like good science when you can put a bunch of good ingredients together to make something even better. Inside our pitas we put mayo (vegan), spinach, grated carrots, grated raw beets, slivered dill pickles, onions sauteed in bbq sauce, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds. They were great, and have so many variations. You could add sprouts, blanched broccoli or cauliflower florets, grated red cabbage......
So many choices. To me, the ingredients that make it really good are the dill pickles and the bbq onions, and of course a great friend to share it with. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Lunch was delicious and my visit was great, although I wished it had been longer. I almost came back as I had a 90 minute wait on the Salmo/Creston, due to avalanche control. I had one of these pitas in my lunch the other day and added avocado... mmm. Cyndi xo

    ReplyDelete